Cristiano Ronaldo, the sweet dream of… Corinthians
This is the saga of the summer. While he said he wanted to leave Manchester United, “CR7” does not have a plethora of options. And a surprising suitor has just come forward. Guest of the Ulissecast podcast, Corinthians president Duilio Monteiro Alves let go. “It’s true, I dream big. They are the Corinthians! Willian and Renato Augusto are not there? In football, anything is possible and I have an obligation to do my best for Corinthians. Is it possible ? I do not know. We didn’t try, we didn’t investigate, there was no such possibility, but we are keeping an eye on him. Imagine that he wants to explain playing in Brazil…”
- Our opinion : Monteiro Alves is in a dream … It seems very, very unlikely to see the fivefold Golden Ball land in Brazil this summer.
And it starts again: the contracts of new Barça recruits not approved
4 HOURS AGO
Chelsea insist on Fofana
Cucurella formalized, Boehly and Chelsea have not finished with their recruitment. While they have already suffered several refusals from Leicester, the Blues would not let go of the case for Wesley Fofana. This Friday, the Time announces that the Londoners will revise their offer upwards with a proposal of more than 82 million euros for the former Stéphanois. In a press conference, Brendan Rodgers reaffirmed that the defender “was not for sale“, just like James Maddison.
- Our opinion : The Blues insist and could see their efforts rewarded. It is hard to believe that Leicester continues to repel the XXL assaults of the 2021 European champion.
Tuchel gets annoyed: why is it stuck at Chelsea?
Napoli think well of Navas
In search of a goalkeeper, Napoli would have made Kepa Arrizabalaga its priority. According to Il Mattino and sky sports, the Chelsea goalkeeper could land around a paying loan of 3 million euros without an option to buy, with a salary taken at 60-70% by Chelsea. If negotiations fail, the Italian club strangles Keylor Navas. “PSG is ready to part with it, giving a hand on salary, until 2024, so for two years, which intrigues President De Laurentiis“, specifies the Neapolitan media.
- Our opinion : Navas is under contract until 2024 with Paris, precisely. A two-year loan is hard to imagine.
Paris, towards a perfect transfer window?
Yes, Real Madrid are thinking about Gouiri
The rumor begins to gain momentum in the Spanish capital. Revealed a few days ago, Real Madrid’s interest in Amine Gouiri seems to be confirmed. In recent hours, sport announces that the Merengue would study the possibility of bringing the Nice striker to Madrid. The daily explains that the reigning European champion could loan the striker one more season to Nice. Only problem, the Casa Blanca should not pay the 40 million euros requested by the Gym.
- Our opinion : It would be one of the huge surprises of this end of transfer window. And a good catch to prepare, gently, the succession of Benzema, to whom Gouiri has been compared since his young years at OL …
“With Tchouaméni, Real is winning its youth bet”
Everton at the buzzer for Onana
Amadou Onana a Liverpool favorite in London. A year just after his arrival in the North, the Belgian international Espoirs will leave Lille. This Friday, The Team announces that the 20-year-old midfielder should soon land with the Toffees against 36 million euros (plus 4 in possible bonuses). The former Hamburg player was convinced by Frank Lampard’s speech and project on the side of Goodison Park.
- Our opinion : Another sumptuous job from LOSC, which confirms its ability to achieve XXL capital gains. Despite the arrival of Onana, Everton could continue with the return of Gueye.
Credit: Getty Images
Ndombélé invited to leave
Ndombélé saw his future at Tottenham darken a little more this Friday. In a press conference, Antonio Conte, the Spurs coach, explained that the former Gone would not have much playing time, especially if he wants to play the World Cup in November. “There is the World Cup coming up, and for this reason many players want to play regularly. (…) Having unhappy players is not a good thing for us. I cannot guarantee Tanguy Ndombele or Harry Winks regular playing time here at Tottenham.”
- Our opinion : More than the prospect of the World Cup, which still seems quite unrealistic, Ndombélé needs to find a stable project, where he can project himself in the long term. Because it is not the talent that is missing with the former Amiens.
Tanguy Ndombele during the match between Chelsea and Tottenham, January 5, 2022 in the Carabao Cup
Credit: Getty Images
Aubameyang should stay at Barca
No sooner said than done…forgotten. While the rumor of a departure for Chelsea has swelled in recent hours, Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang seems on track to stay at FC Barcelona. According Mundo Deportivo, which made its front page this Friday, the Gabonese striker is not leaving the Blaugranas this summer. Moreover, he would not have asked for his departure and would not fear competition from Robert Lewandowski.
- Our opinion : It is hard to imagine Barça and Aubameyang separating in the coming weeks. And Xavi assured to count on the former Stéphanois, whom he could associate with Robert Lewandowski.
The Meunier alternative for FC Barcelona?
Not essential in the mind of Edin Terzic, Thomas Meunier (30) could leave the BvB. According to information from sport, FC Barcelona would think of the former PSG defender to forget the failure of César Azpilicueta, who finally returned to Chelsea. But the Catalans aren’t willing to spend too much money on this, the daily report. A few weeks ago, the Belgian international confirmed to the Het Nieuwsblad having had contact with the Catalan club.
- Our opinion : A more affordable compulsory track for Barça. But between Dest and Meunier, the “upgrade” is not requested as significant as one might think…
“Barça’s values are a little flouted with the De Jong case”
Plea returns to ‘Gladbach
It is not requested the outcome that we imagine in this file. Announced on departure, Alassane Pléa (29) ultimately remains in Mönchengladbach. At the end of the contract in a year, the French international (1 selection), followed by Everton and his former club Nice, a stack until 2025 with the Fohlen. An option for one more year is included in the deal. This extension is accompanied by a salary increase for the native of Lille.
- Our opinion : This should be good for Borussia Mönchengladbach, which needs certainty before attacking the new season. Pléa has been part of the Borussen since his arrival and will still be vital for the coming year.
Mertens towards Istanbul madness
Free since leaving Naples, Dries Mertens (35) is very close to signing up with Galatasaray. Nicolo Schira announces an agreement between the Istanbul club and the Belgian striker. The terms of the contract remain to be defined. The latter could cover two dry seasons or one season, plus an optional one.
- Our opinion : A marriage that can make sparks. We can’t wait to see how the thousands of Galatasaray supporters will welcome the Belgian striker.
Dries Mertens during Napoli-Sassuolo – Serie A 2022-23
Credit: Getty Images
Happy in Lens, Fofana has fun with the rumors of departure
Captain of RC Lens, Seko Fofana faced a lot of envy this summer. In an interview with The Team, the player trained in Lorient spoke about his personal situation, at least a month before the market closed. “As long as I’m here, I’ll do what I have to do. I take great pleasure. Maybe you want to see me somewhere else, I don’t know (laughs)! But today, things are going very well, there have been recruits, on a very complete team. I don’t see why I should only think about leaving or worry.”
- Our opinion : Fofana should, except huge turnaround or XXL offer, continue the adventure with the Artesians. But in the transfer market, anything is possible…
“The referee says to me: ‘Don’t be stupid'”: Fofana, brilliant on the field and skillful with the referee
Sadiq, new lead for the Borussia Dortmund attack?
Depay, Piatek, Icardi, Milik and now Sadiq. In search of a center forward to compensate for the absence of Haller, Borussia Dortmund would have checked the name of Umar Sadiq in its short-list, as reported Mundo Deportivo. The 25-year-old Nigerian striker is coming off a big season in Liga Adelante with Almeria, scoring 18 goals in 36 league appearances.
- Our opinion : Sadiq is a less expensive track than all those already mentioned on the side of the Westfalen Stadion. More complete, the Nigerian took a step forward last season and could well stick to Terzic’s playing philosophy.
Umar Sadiq in the colors of UD Almeria
The American dream for Bouanga
Denis Bouanga will no longer wear the ASSE jersey. The Team confirms the rumors of recent days indicating a departure of the Gabonese international. The former Lorient is indeed expected on the side of Los Angeles FC, where he should commit for three and a half years. AS Saint-Etienne are set to recover 5 million euros for the 27-year-old winger, who will have the famous “designated player” status, which allows MLS teams to exceed the salary cap imposed by the league.
- Our opinion : It’s the end of a chapter with the Greens, which continues to shed their old “heavyweights”. In California, Bouanga should flourish.
Diakité, a Pitchoun among the Mastiffs
It had been in the air for several days, it is now official: Bafodé Diakité has joined LOSC. Trained at Téfécé, the 21-year-old defender leaves the Pink City and signed up for four with the Mastiffs, who paid between 2.5 and 3 million euros to secure his services.
- Our opinion : A reinforcement of choice for LOSC. Diakité has achieved great things with the Violets. It is up to him to confirm by crossing a plateau in his progress.
Tedesco puts pressure on Bayern for Laimer
Cited as FC Bayern’s next recruit, Konrad Laimer is still in Leipzig, for lack of an adequate offer. A situation that is beginning to annoy Domenico Tedesco, the coach of the Rotenbullen, who hopes that the situation of his Austrian player will quickly be effective. “We don’t want uncertainties and periods of hesitation, neither the player, nor the club and certainly not the coach. Time is running out for us and at some point the club will not be giving away a player“, named the Italian in a press conference.
- Our opinion : The more time passes, the more difficult it seems to see Bayern move. The Rekordmeister is well supplied in the middle and Nagelsmann seems to want to (re) trust Sabitzer in particular.
237 million, De Ligt, Mazraoui: Pavard in danger at Bayern?
“He reminded me of a young Rio Ferdinand”: Saliba seduced the Kingdom for his first
6 HOURS AGO
He’s back: Suarez scores his first goal with Nacional
6 HOURS AGO