The Mexican wild card Juan Alejandro Hernandez, 521st in the world, beat the lucky Colombian loser Nicolas Barrientos in three sets (3-6, 6-4, 6-4) and qualified for the second round of the Los Cabos tournament in Cabo del Mar Sports Center in Cabos San Lucas, Wednesday and night session.
Aged 23, Alejandro Hernandez is the first Mexican player to win a game in Los Cabos. He will face the No. 2 seed in the second round, the Canadian Félix Auger-Aliassime.
The other posters of the first round in Cabo San Lucas (ATP 250, Cabo del Mar Sports Center, hard, 920,625 USD, results are displayed from newest to oldest):
- Thanasi Kokkinakis – Fernando Verdasco: program Wednesday
- Yannick Hanfmann – Jordan Thompson: program Wednesday
- Kaichi Uchida – Brandon Nakashima: on the program for Wednesday
- Gonzalo Villanueva – Steve Johnson: program Wednesday
- Radu Albot – Feliciano López: program Wednesday
- Tomas Martin Etcheverry – Jason Kubler: program Wednesday
- Facundo Bagnis – Ernesto Escobedo: 6-3, 6-1
- Max Purcell (Q) – Henri Laaksonen: 6-3, 3-6, 6-4
- Chun-Hsin Tseng – Nick Chappell (Q): 6-4, 6-4
- Rinky Hijikata (Q) – Rodrigo Pacheco Mendez (WC): Hijikata qualified (6-3, 4-0 ab.)
- Ricardas Berankis – Quentin Halys (N.9): 7-6 7-5