Pleasure: two padel courts built at the tennis club

The two padel courts will be built in place of two mini-tennis courts which will be moved. (© illustration photo/Florian Tiercin – News Morbihan).

fashion sports, padel will disembark at Pleasure (Yvelines). Two courts for this racket sport from Spain are to be built in place of two mini-tennis courts located at the entrance to the Plaisir Tennis Club.

The creation of these two courts of padel must make it possible to “relaunch the craze around tennis” with a “sport which has taken off very quickly”, explains Dominique Modeste, deputy mayor for sports, in the municipal council on June 29.

Free access half the time

These courts will not only be intended for members of the tennis club but also open to the public free access half the time. “The distribution is under study”, specifies the elected sportsman.

A grant was requested from the National Sports Agency (ANS) as part of the “5,000 local sports facilities (2022-2024)” program, a system launched for the Paris 2024 Olympic Games. “We jumped on the ‘occasion’, adds Dominique Modeste.

This aid could indeed reach 80% of the total amount of the work. For the remaining 20%, the City intends to go “subsidy hunting” with the Region and the Department.

“The land will only be integrated if the subsidy is granted. Otherwise, we will not do them, ”warns Mayor Joséphine Kollmannsberger all the same.

Current 2023

To pay Pleasure Tennis Club and its 750 licensees, this padel court project is proving to be good news.

Videos: currently on Actu

“A club like Plaisir must have a padel. This activity complements the tennis activity. It is a sport that is becoming more and more important, very playful. This will surely boost the club. In the clubs that offer padel, the courts are all 90% occupied. There is demand from morning to evening. »

Charles GiordanoPresident of the Pleasure Tennis Club

The club hopes to be able to benefit from these new equipment “in the course of the year 2023 ».

Was this article helpful to you? Note that you can follow 78actu in the My News space. In one click, after registration, you will find all the news of your favorite cities and brands.

Leave a Comment