Russian Andrey Rublev, seeded No. 1, reached the round of 16 of the Washington tournament, beating Jack Draper without being worried by the score (6-4, 6-2) at Rock Creek Park Tennis Center in Washington, Tuesday evening.
Rublev, 8th in the world at the ATP, will face the winner of the match between Jack Sock and the No. 13 seed Maxime Cressy in the round of 16 of the Washington Open.
During the previous round of the Washington tournament, Draper, 81st player in the world at the ATP, had dismissed the American wild card Stefan Kozlov (7-5, 6-2).
The other meetings of the second round in Washington (ATP 500, Rock Creek Park Tennis Center, hard, $2,108,110, results are displayed from newest to oldest):
- Emil Ruusuvuori – Hubert Hurkacz: to play
- Aslan Karatsev – Mikael Ymer: to play
- Sebastian Korda – Sebastian Baez: to play
- Grigor Dimitrov – Adrian Mannarino: to play
- Denis Kudla – Reilly Opelka: to play
- Christopher Eubanks – Frances Tiafoe: to play
- Alex De Minaur – Yoshihito Nishioka: to play
- Taylor Fritz – Alexei Popyrin: to play
- JJ Wolf – Denis Shapovalov: to play
- Holger Rune – Benoit Paire: to play
- Jack Sock – Maxime Cressy: to play
- Botic van de Zandschulp – Borna Gojo: program Tuesday
- Dominik Koepfer – Karen Khachanov: program Tuesday
- Daniel Evans (N.16) – Kyle Edmund: 6-1, 6-2