2nd seed Jenson Brooksby advanced to the quarterfinals of the San Diego tournament, winning two sets to one (6-4, 3-6, 6-2) over Mackenzie McDonald at Barnes Tennis Center from San Diego, Thursday evening.
Brooksby, 50th in the world at the ATP, will oppose Australian Christopher O’Connell in the quarter-finals of the San Diego Open.
In the previous round of the Californian tournament, McDonald, ranked 84th at the ATP, beat the Swiss Henri Laaksonen without being worried about the score (6-0, 6-2).
The other meetings of the second round in San Diego (ATP 250, Barnes Tennis Centre, hard, 612,000 USD, results are displayed from newest to oldest):
- Brandon Nakashima – Denis Kudla: Friday program
- Daniel Evans – Taro Daniel: Friday program
- Constant Lestienne – Alejandro Tabilo: Thursday program
- Christopher O’Connell – JJ Wolf (N.8): 6-3, 7-5
- Daniel Elahi Galan – Pedro Martinez (N.4): 5-7, 6-1, 6-4
- Marcos Giron (N.3) – Tomas Martin Etcheverry: 6-4, 6-3
- James Duckworth (N.7) – Mitchell Krueger (Q): 6-3, 7-6