Russian Karen Khachanov, seeded No. 7, qualified for the round of 16 of the Washington tournament, beating German qualifier Dominik Koepfer in three sets (6-7 7-5, 6-4) at Rock Creek Park Tennis Center in Washington on Tuesday evening.
Khachanov, ranked 24th in the ATP, will face the winner of the match between Australian Alex De Minaur and recent winner in Atlanta, seeded No. 11, and Japan’s Yoshihito Nishioka in the round of 16 of the Washington tournament. .
In the previous round of the Washington Open, Koepfer, the world’s 145th ATP player, needed three sets to dominate SoonWoo Kwon (3-6, 6-3, 6-4).
The other posters of the second round in Washington (ATP 500, Rock Creek Park Tennis Center, hard, $2,108,110, results are displayed from newest to oldest):
- Tommy Paul – Nick Kyrgios: program Thursday
- Christopher Eubanks – Frances Tiafoe: program Wednesday
- Denis Kudla – Reilly Opelka: program Wednesday
- Jack Sock – Maxime Cressy: Wednesday program
- Grigor Dimitrov – Adrian Mannarino: program Wednesday
- Taylor Fritz – Alexei Popyrin: program Wednesday
- JJ Wolf – Denis Shapovalov: program Wednesday
- Sebastian Korda – Sebastian Baez: program Wednesday
- Alex De Minaur – Yoshihito Nishioka: program Wednesday
- Emil Ruusuvuori – Hubert Hurkacz: Wednesday program
- Aslan Karatsev – Mikael Ymer: program Wednesday
- Holger Rune – Benoit Paire: Wednesday program
- Botic van de Zandschulp (N.8) – Borna Gojo (Q): 7-6 6-7 6-4
- Andrey Rublev (N.1) – Jack Draper: 6-4, 6-2
- Daniel Evans (N.16) – Kyle Edmund: 6-1, 6-2