Australian qualifier Ajla Tomljanovic comfortably beat China’s Shuai Zhang (6-3, 6-3) to advance to the second round of the Ostrava tournament at the Ostravar Arena on Monday morning.
Tomljanovic, world No. 34 in the WTA, will face No. 1 seed Iga Swiatek in the second round of the Czech tournament.
The other matches of the first round in Ostrava (WTA 500, Ostravar Arena, hard, 757,900 USD, results are displayed from newest to oldest):
- Jelena Ostapenko – Aliaksandra Sasnovitch: to play
- Alycia Parks – Karolina Pliskova: to play
- Shelby Rogers – Barbora Krejcikova: to play
- Belinda Bencic – Eugenie Bouchard: to play
- Emma Raducanu – Daria Kasatkina: to play
- Karolina Muchova – Beatriz Haddad Maia: to play
- Anna Blinkova – Catherine McNally: to play
- Jil Teichmann – Tereza Martincova: Monday program
- Petra Kvitova – Bernarda Pera: program Monday
- Madison Keys – Elena Rybakina: program Monday
- Victoria Azarenka – Ekaterina Alexandrova: Monday program