Hungarian Anna Bondar, seeded n°2, reached the quarter-finals of the Budapest tournament, beating Switzerland’s Simona Waltert in three sets (5-7, 6-4, 7-5) at the Római Tennis Academy in Budapest, Wednesday morning.
Bondar, 52nd in the world at the WTA, will face Slovenian Tamara Zidansek in the quarter-finals of the Hungarian tournament.
The Hungarian had largely dominated the Italian Elisabetta Cocciaretto (6-2, 6-2), before this duel against Waltert, 119th player in the world at the WTA, on Wednesday.
The 21-year-old Swiss had provided the abandonment of the Spaniard Cristina Bucsa (4-0 ab.).
The other posters of the second round in Budapest (WTA 125, Római Tennis Academy, clay, 115,000 USD, results are displayed from newest to oldest):
- Natalia Szabanin – Arantxa Rus: program Wednesday
- Erika Andreeva – Océane Dodin: Wednesday program
- Viktoriya Tomova – Julia Grabher: program Wednesday
- Tamara Zidansek – Jule Niemeier: 6-3, 7-6 
- Tamara Korpatsch (Q) – Danka Kovinic: 6-3, 1-6, 7-5
- Anna Karolina Schmiedlova – Mayar Sherif: 6-3, 6-2
- Lauren Davis – Emma Navarro (Q): 7-5, 6-4