Lauren Davis reached the quarter-finals of the Budapest tournament, winning two sets to nil (7-5, 6-4) against the qualified Emma Navarro at the Római Tennis Academy in Budapest, Wednesday in night session .
Davis, ranked 97th in the WTA, will face the winner of the match between lucky loser Russian Erika Andreeva and Frenchwoman Océane Dodin in the quarter-finals of the Hungarian tournament.
Lauren Davis had clearly dominated the Spaniard Nuria Parrizas Diaz (6-3, 6-3), in the previous round of the Budapest Open.
Navarro, 132nd player in the world at the WTA, had won against the Hungarian Dalma Galfi (7-6 7-6 ).
The other posters of the second round in Budapest (WTA 125, Római Tennis Academy, clay, 115,000 USD, results are displayed from newest to oldest):
- Natalia Szabanin – Arantxa Rus: program Wednesday
- Erika Andreeva – Océane Dodin: Wednesday program
- Viktoriya Tomova – Julia Grabher: program Wednesday
- Jule Niemeier – Tamara Zidansek: Wednesday program
- Simona Waltert – Anna Bondar: Wednesday program
- Danka Kovinic – Tamara Korpatsch: program Wednesday
- Anna Karolina Schmiedlova – Mayar Sherif: 6-3, 6-2