Bulgaria’s Viktoriya Tomova beat Austria’s Julia Grabher two sets to one (3-6, 6-1, 7-5) to advance to the quarter-finals of the Budapest tournament on Wednesday midday at Római Budapest Tennis Academy.
Tomova, ranked 109th in the WTA, will face Slovak Anna Karolina Schmiedlova in the quarter-finals of the Hungarian tournament.
Before this duel against Grabher, 99th player in the world at the WTA, on Wednesday, the Bulgarian had eliminated the Italian Jasmine Paolini, seeded n ° 3 (4-6, 6-0, 6-2).
The Austrian had won against the Hungarian wild card Timea Babos (6-3, 6-4).
The other matches of the second round in Budapest (WTA 125, Római Tennis Academy, clay, 115,000 USD, results are displayed from newest to oldest):
- Natalia Szabanin – Arantxa Rus: program Wednesday
- Erika Andreeva – Océane Dodin: Wednesday program
- Tamara Zidansek – Jule Niemeier: 6-3, 7-6 
- Anna Bondar (N.2) – Simona Waltert: 5-7, 6-4, 7-5
- Tamara Korpatsch (Q) – Danka Kovinic: 6-3, 1-6, 7-5
- Anna Karolina Schmiedlova – Mayar Sherif: 6-3, 6-2
- Lauren Davis – Emma Navarro (Q): 7-5, 6-4