Slovenian Tamara Zidansek eliminated Germany’s Jule Niemeier (6-3, 7-6 ) and qualified for the quarter-finals of the Budapest tournament on Wednesday morning at the Római Tennis Academy in Budapest.
Zidansek, 100th in the world at the WTA, will face the winner of the match between Switzerland’s Simona Waltert and Hungary’s Anna Bondar, seeded No. 2 in the quarter-finals of the Hungarian tournament.
The Slovenian had clearly dominated the Hungarian wild card Fanny Stollar (6-1, 7-5), in the previous round of the Budapest Open.
Niemeier, 72nd player in the world at the WTA, won against the Polish Magdalena Frech (6-4, 5-7, 6-3).
The other posters of the second round in Budapest (WTA 125, Római Tennis Academy, clay, 115,000 USD, results are displayed from newest to oldest):
- Natalia Szabanin – Arantxa Rus: program Wednesday
- Erika Andreeva – Océane Dodin: Wednesday program
- Viktoriya Tomova – Julia Grabher: program Wednesday
- Simona Waltert – Anna Bondar: Wednesday program
- Tamara Korpatsch (Q) – Danka Kovinic: 6-3, 1-6, 7-5
- Anna Karolina Schmiedlova – Mayar Sherif: 6-3, 6-2
- Lauren Davis – Emma Navarro (Q): 7-5, 6-4