Georgian Ekaterine Gorgodze, seeded n°8, clearly beat Argentina’s Nadia Podoroska (6-4, 6-2) and qualified for the quarter-finals of the Iasi tournament at the Baza Sportivă Ciric in Iasi, Thursday late afternoon.
Gorgodze, the 147th player in the WTA, will face Romania’s Ana Bogdan, seeded No. 3 in the quarterfinals of the Iasi Open.
The Georgian had dominated the French Clara Burel without being worried in the score (7-5, 6-0), during the previous round of the Romanian tournament.
Podoroska, ranked 190th in the WTA, had largely dominated the Romanian qualifier Ilona Georgiana Ghioroaie (6-2, 6-3).
The other posters of the second round in Iasi (WTA 125, Baza Sportivă Ciric, clay, 115,000 USD, results are displayed from newest to oldest):
- Yuki Naito – Paula Ormaechea: program Thursday
- Ana Bogdan – Anastasia Zakharova: 6-1, 6-2
- Kristina Mladenovic (N.6) – Alexandra Ignatik: 7-5, 6-3
- Panna Udvardy (N.2) – Reka Luca Jani: 6-0, 7-6 
- Maja Chwalinska – Olga Danilovic (N.4): 7-6 6-4
- Daria Astakhova (Q) – Cristina Dinu (Q): 6-2, 6-2
- Rebeka Masarova – Nastasja Schunk: 4-6, 7-6 6-4