The French Kristina Mladenovic, seeded n ° 6, qualified for the quarter-finals of the Iasi tournament, winning two sets to nil (7-5, 6-3) against the Romanian Alexandra Ignatik Thursday morning at the Baza Sportivă Ciric in Iasi.
Mladenovic, the No. 112 WTA player in the world, will take on No. 2 seed Panna Udvardy in the quarter-finals of the Romanian tournament.
The French tenniswoman dismissed Croatian Tena Lukas (2-6, 7-6 , 6-3), in the previous round of the Iasi Open. It is the first time this season that the Frenchwoman has won two consecutive matches on the WTA circuit since the Seoul tournament in December 2021.
Winner of a match in Warsaw last week, she had ended a series of 8 consecutive defeats on the WTA Tour, the only thinning of the season for Mladenovic coming from his victory at the ITF in Caserta in Italy at the beginning of June.
Ignatik, ranked 153rd in the WTA, won against Russian Natalia Vikhlyantseva (6-4, 6-3).
The other posters of the second round in Iasi (WTA 125, Baza Sportivă Ciric, clay, 115,000 USD, results are displayed from newest to oldest):
- Yuki Naito – Paula Ormaechea: program Thursday
- Nadia Podoroska – Ekaterine Gorgodze: program Thursday
- Ana Bogdan – Anastasia Zakharova: program Thursday
- Panna Udvardy – Reka Luca Jani: 6-0, 7-6 
- Maja Chwalinska – Olga Danilovic (N.4): 7-6 6-4
- Daria Astakhova (Q) – Cristina Dinu (Q): 6-2, 6-2
- Rebeka Masarova – Nastasja Schunk: 4-6, 7-6 6-4