The Czech Karolina Pliskova, seeded n°8, qualified for the second round of the San Jose tournament, winning two sets to one (1-6, 7-6 6-3) against wild card Katie Boulter Monday night at the San Jose State University Tennis Center.
Pliskova, the 15th player in the world at the WTA, will face Amanda Anisimova in the second round of the Californian tournament.
The other games of the first round in San Jose (WTA 500, San Jose State University Tennis Center, hard, $757,900, results are listed from newest to oldest):
- Elizabeth Mandlik – Alison Riske-Amritraj: program Tuesday
- Daria Kasatkina – Elena Rybakina: program Tuesday
- Naomi Osaka – Qinwen Zheng: to play
- Coco Gauff – Anhelina Kalinina: to play
- Kayla Day – Caroline Dolehide: to play
- Camila Giorgi – Veronika Kudermetova: to play
- Beatriz Haddad Maia – Claire Liu: to play
- Shelby Rogers – Bianca Andreescu: to play
- Shuai Zhang – Madison Keys: Monday program
- Taylor Townsend – Storm Sanders: Monday schedule
- Amanda Anisimova – Ashlyn Krueger (WC): 6-2, 7-6