The Russian Ekaterina Alexandrova, seeded n°2, clearly dominated the wild card Na-Lae Han (6-1, 6-3) and reached the quarter-finals of the Seoul tournament on Wednesday in night session, at the Olympic Park from Seoul.
Alexandrova, ranked 24th in the WTA, will face the winner of the upcoming match between Russian Anna Blinkova and Swiss qualifier Lulu Sun in the Korea Open quarter-finals.
The Russian had dismissed the American Asia Muhammad (6-1, 3-6, 6-1), in the previous round of the Korean tournament.
Han, 212th in the world at the WTA, had beaten the qualified Dayeon Back without being worried by the score (6-1, 6-1).
The other meetings of the second round in Seoul (WTA 250, Seoul Olympic Park, hard, 251,750 USD, results are displayed from newest to oldest):
- Anna Blinkova – Lulu Sun: to play
- Yanina Wickmayer – Emma Raducanu: to play
- Magda Linette – Kristina Mladenovic: to play
- Jelena Ostapenko – Anastasia Gasanova: to play
- Victoria Jimenez Kasintseva – Rebecca Marino: program Wednesday
- Tatjana Maria (N.7) – Kimberly Birrell: 6-0, 6-3
- Lin Zhu (N.4) – Ankita Raina (Q): 6-1, 6-3