three months after the opening, the cellar of the said wine closes its doors

A restaurateur from Lorraine, where he ran an establishment for four years, this forties had been chosen by the city of Saintes, owner of the golf restaurant. Alone in the dining room and in the kitchen, Lionel Leveque relied on a limited menu made up of homemade products. In the glass, he offered fruit juices or French iced teas.


Originally from Toulouse, Lionel Leveque managed an establishment in Toul, in Lorraine, before taking over the restaurant at the Rouyer-Guillet golf course.

A B.

Contacted a few days before his departure, the future ex-manager remains American: “Golfers are difficult to convince. I feel like I failed to satisfy them. The resentment is shared by Laurent Bruneteau, president of the Saintonge Golf Sports Association. “The manager didn’t change his menu often enough, that would have displeased the golfers. He also struggled to attract customers outside of golf and didn’t do much social media communication. »

composer in a hurry

Faced with the closure of La Cave du dit vin, the sports association is trying to “find ad hoc solutions”. She will also be in charge of the catering at the next Grand Prix Jeunes, on August 6th and 7th. “We support the sale of alcoholic beverages. A barbecue is also planned on Sunday. For the rest, a food truck will be on site,” says Laurent Bruneteau. Excluding competitions, the golf restaurant remains closed for the moment. “We are trying to find a medium-term solution with the municipality of Saintes. The association may be able to open the bar. »

On the City side, the situation is difficult to manage. “Mr. Leveque warned us of his departure on July 18,” explains Marie-Line Cheminade, first deputy mayor. “Everyone is trying to do their part to find solutions, but we are in the middle of school holidays. Some elected officials are not present. »

Two departures in seven months

This is not the first time that the municipality of Saintes has faced hasty departures from the golf restaurant. Closed from September to December 2021, the establishment was then appointed to Frédéric and Isabelle Milan, in January. The former chef of the restaurant La Quincaillerie, in Montendre, accompanied by his wife, lowered the curtain in April, after only four months of activity.

In January 2022, Frédéric and Isabelle Milan took over the golf course restaurant.


In January 2022, Frédéric and Isabelle Milan took over the golf course restaurant.

Archives Séverine Joubert

Leave a Comment