After a period of “darkness” linked to Covid-19, the Women’s Tennis Trophies, of which We Love Tennis is a partner, are making a comeback this year.
The ceremony will take place this Thursday, November 24 in the evening at Roland‐Garros in the presence of the players and the president of the federation Gilles Morreton where eight prizes will be awarded.
We Love Tennis participated in the deliberations as a member of the jury regarding the prizes concerning the players. The other trophies reward the women’s tournaments ITF, WTA and the CNGT circuit.
For the players, here are the nominees:
Best performance of the year 2022
- Alize Cornet : 36e WTA, Australian Open quarter-final (victory against Halep), Wimbledon round of 16 (victory against Swiatek), one WTA final
- Caroline Garcia : 4e WTA, winner of the Masters + 3 WTA titles, US OPEN semi‐final
- Selena Janicijevic : 182e WTA, 5 ITF titles, +429 places in 1 year (611 at the end of 2021)
- Leolia Jeanjean : 125e WTA, 3th Roland Garros round (victory against Pliskova), + 257 places in 1 year (385e end of 2021)
- Sarah Iliev : 16 years, 140e world juniors (+142 places in 1 year), French champion 15⁄16 years, an ITF final
- Jenny Lim : 17 years, 955e WTA, champion of France 17–18 years old, 1 ITF title (W15 Contamines Montjoie)
- Daphnee Mpetshi Perricard : 13 years, 501e World Juniors, 1 ITF Junior title (J3 St Cyprien)
We Love Tennis will be present at the evening and will broadcast you live on its account instagram the winners.
Published on Wednesday November 23, 2022 at 11:55